Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Today is my Wednesday

All is well in the Guadagni Household...Zoe is sleeping upside down underneath one of those tiny little Rubbermaid step stools.  Blueberry is chirping at the birds on TV.  And my favorite moment of the night...Roxie is in the kitchen licking up cake batter that splattered on the floor.  Everyone is happy.
My work week ended today.  I will not say it is my Friday.  I was told that there is only one Friday and that is Friday.  It is annoying to name another day of the week "Friday".  So today is my Wednesday - just like everyone else's Wednesday!
Tomorrow I will be home cleaning house and pre-spotting the carpet in preparation for carpet cleaning next week.  Not fun.  Cleaning carpet is one of my most hated tasks.  I like hardwood floors but I know you have to work at keeping those nice too.
I am completely addicted to cooking lately.  Darn good thing I am not as addicted to eating it.  It's almost like I can't stay out of the kitchen.  Tonight was breaded chicken breasts on a bed of onions with a balsamic and lemon reduction.  And sauteed spinach with garlic and asiago cheese.  And of course a cake in the oven.  Thus the cake batter that WAS on the kitchen floor!  I was glad Rox got some cake batter because she saw the eggs come out of the fridge for the cake and she got excited.  She loves having a scrambled egg.  I told her it was not scrambled egg day and her tail went down.  But the cake batter made up for the "eggstordinary" disappointment!
If anyone would like a pie for Christmas, just let me know.  I am not baking for dollars this year.  But if anyone asks I would be happy to give you a homemade pie as a gift.  Pumpkin, Pecan, or Cherry. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment