Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Lost a Tooth and Attended a Wedding

Since I have been lagging again, I need to backtrack just a bit. 
I will go back to the 18th when I finally decided that I had enough of my toothache.  I have never really had a toothache before so this was new to me.  I have had fillings, extractions, root canals, and crowns but never a toothache.  After about 6 days I decided that possibly I should see my Dentist.  Good move because I had ugliness going on in there.  The Dentist took an xray and immediately sent me to an Oral Surgeon.  A quick visit to the Dentist turned into an all day event.  I left for the Dentist at 10am and walked in the door at home at 5:30pm.  Minus one tooth.  I hate having dental work done but I was a big girl and dealt with it.  3 doses of Novocaine and my tooth was extracted real fast.  I hated the sound though.  I heard my root cracking.  Eww.  Anyway, I had a bad infection under there and that got cleaned out and I was good to go.  And thankful for dental insurance because it only cost me $107.00 out of pocket.
So two days later was my cousin Andy's wedding.  Of course I had ordered steak.  Who knew I wouldn't have enough teeth to chew the darn thing.  The wedding was beautiful.  I liked that the ceremony was short.  And the reception was very nice.  The food was incredible.  The appetizers were delicious and the meal was just as good.  We only danced during one song.  Not big on dancing at weddings.  Wore some shoes that were handcrafted in Hell.  Luckily I had a feeling about them and took a comfy pair of flats.  I seem to have foot problems at weddings.  The last wedding that I attended (Sandy and Blake), I had on another pair of shoes also handcrafted in Hell.  I took them off and thought it would be a good idea to walk from the parking lot to the wedding in my bare feet.  2nd degree burns on the bottom of my feet!  I sat there during the cocktail/appetizer hour with my feet on a pile of ice.  Yeah, I need to start wearing old, worn out tennies to weddings.
During the reception I went to the bathroom and discovered that someone had left a camera on the bathroom counter.  I took it and gave it to the guy with the microphone.  You know, one of those MCs.  But not before Josh (my cousin), Luigi, and I took a couple of pics of the 3 of us together!  Just a little surprise for the owner of the camera.  Hope she enjoyed them!  Speaking of pics...here are some of the wedding.  The rest of the pics will go on Facebook. ♥

The Ceremony Room (a quick set up when the outdoor venue got rained out)

Michelle, Josh, Dad, Mom, and Me
 
Our Table - I won the flower centerpiece (not the tree part) - used them for Thanksgiving
 
Mel and Andy cutting the cake


No comments:

Post a Comment