Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Re-cap of my Wednesday

Today was my Wednesday!  Just thought I would throw that fact in there for good measure!  Long, long day.  I got up extra early because I additional things to do this morning before leaving the house.  I went to work and then remembered today was the monthly office meeting via tele-conference.  Not fun.  It went over an hour.  I don't do well after about 30 minutes.  It was like sitting through a really bad (and long) sermon at church.  Had my coffee with me but it sprung a leak.  Wearing a white shirt of course.  Left work at 11:10 to go to the San Diego office for Thanksgiving Lunch.  It was a good time.  The food...not so good.  But the turkey was delicious.  And for me to say that, it means something.  To me it does.  I am not a fan of turkey.  One of the guys in my unit made it and it was his first try.  I guess he used wine.  I wonder if he used wine to cook the turkey or drank wine while cooking the turkey.  Whatever the use of the wine...it worked! 
Got a really cool travel mug from my manager, Donna.  She got it for me in Vegas at my fave candy store, "Sugar Factory".  How ironic - my current coffee mug sprung a leak this morning and then I got a new one.  Very cool.  I took food that I collected at the office for the San Diego Food Bank food drive, I took stuffing/dressing that I made for the lunch, and I took Donna a bottle of Cab.  That would be Cabernet Sauvignon for my non wine-drinker readers.  Having a husband who manages a wine department makes me favorable among my friends!
My Roxie is doing much better with her "kennel cough".  That is the simple name for "Bordatella".  Both words translate to "Upper Respiratory Infection".  Glad we took her to the vet yesterday because if left untreated, it could go into pneumonia.  She is such a good little dog.  Little my ass...she weighed in at 25.5 pounds.  Porker.  She is taking her meds and is being a trooper by staying home alone during the day because she can't be around her dog companion, Cassie. (for one week).
Dinner at Soup Plantation with Rhonda tonight.  Yummy!  They changed their blue cheese dressing.  It is SO delicious.  The maple walnut salad - not so good.  I felt like I was eating pancakes in salad form.  Very strange.
Got a black dress for the wedding on Sunday.  Love it.  It's a special dress...
I have so much to say but I will save some for tomorrow.  Still offering up free pie for Thanksgiving...

No comments:

Post a Comment