Monday, July 25, 2011

Got Hubcaps? I Do!

This day was so long and tedious that it should be very close to the weekend now.  But it's not.  The weekend was too short and today was too long.  Completely mixed up. 
Got to see me friend, Stephanie, after a very long time.  It's not that we live that far apart but as life seems to go, we all lose track of time.  The funny thing is...we used to live about 5 minutes from each other when I lived in Menifee and I never once made it to her house.  That's pretty bad.  But we don't pay attention to that.  When we do see each other it's as if no time has passed at all.  We have always been that comfortable together.  We have been friends for about 31 years.  And here we are in 2011...

Steph and Jules 7/23/11
So today didn't start out too good.  It got a little better in some respects but in others...not so much.  Last night while visions of sugarplums danced in our heads (ok that was truly a corny thing to say), someone stole all 4 hubcaps off of the Jetta.  Also let the air out of the front tire.  What the heck.  That really didn't settle well with me.  I just don't get why someone would do that.  And it happened right outside my bedroom window.  Nice.  There is some good news though.  When Luigi got home from work, he went in search of the hubcaps.  Looked in the dumpster and all around.  I would have never thought to look for them myself.  I got home and there they were stacked up on my back patio!  Awesome!  Someone had hid them in the vacant lot next to my condo building.  Hidden behind a bush.  Possibly they were coming back for them?  I have no idea but I am thankful to have them back.  Doesn't solve an obvious problem though.
So just when the day was looking like it was improving, the toilet in the master bathroom broke.  Toilets are often an easy fix but this certainly is not.  That is actually Luigi's bathroom so Zoe and I are hesitantly allowing him to use our bathroom.  But he will have to pay rent.  Zoe drives a hard bargain.
Roxie goes to the doggie day spa tomorrow.  The whole woolly lamb thing has got to go.  She gets so furry that after she gets a cut, she looks like she just went on a very successful diet.  Wish it were that easy!
I steered clear of the President's speech tonight.  I have never heard him say anything worthwhile so why start listening now?  I went with the much more mature, sophisticated tv viewing.  That would be The Bachelorette.  I would talk about that but the old saying applies here: If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all!
Don Henley is coming here in October.  I am now accepting free tickets.  Please contact me for my address!  Love him.
Chocolate Cake with Whipped Cream Frosting or Lemon Meringue Pie?  Mom's birthday is on Wednesday and I just can't decide what to make... I have always hated decisions.
Here's to a better day tomorrow! ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment