Monday, October 8, 2012

The Weekend and Skagway pics

Super busy but fun weekend.  I love getting off work @ 11:30 on Fridays.  It's almost like not working at all.  Compared to 5:00, 11:30 is a cinch. 
After work I picked up Rox from the doggy day spa.  It's a regular dog wash/groom place but she believes it is a day spa.  Let's keep it that way, please!  Here is my sweet baby girl...




Rox and I went home to clean.  2 hours flew by and it was time to get ready to go out.  Luigi got home and then Rhonda got here as soon as she could after work.  We went to Entwined on Grand in Escondido.  That is Boyd Kerr and Kristi McGee's new restaurant.  We sat out on the patio because...they are DOG FRIENDLY!  Roxie got to join us.  We had Happy Hour food which was so yummy.  Rhonda's friend, Greg, joined us too.  Later, our friend Rob Kerr joined us also.  We had the most delicious Sliders I have ever had.  We had a flatbread pizza.  We also had charred artichokes.  And then Greg ordered stuffed dates.  I HATE dates.  But let me tell you...they were delicious!  I think they were stuffed with goat cheese and they came with a sirachi plum sauce.  All of the food was amazing and the restaurant was beautiful.  Definitely going back.  After that we went to Grand on Grand to catch my friend Barbara's husband's band, Scaring the Wives.  They are awesome.  It was their last performance of the year.
On Saturday, we checked out a new church.  The church isn't new but it was new to us.  I kind of liked it.  It's in San Diego - Tierrasanta actually.  Beautiful church and everyone was very nice.  Will have to go back and check it out again one of these days.  Had lunch at Chow Fun in Carmel Mountain.  Then I took a REALLY long nap.  Too long actually.  Woke up close to 6:00 feeling like lead.  But I refreshed and Rhonda was back over.  We went grocery shopping, stopped to see our friend, Elli, and then came home to make pizzas.  Well - Luigi made pizzas.  We ate them.  Rhonda and I had a good time together.
Sunday...busy day doing chores and watched the Charger game in the evening.  Yep, busy weekend!

Here are a couple of pics of Skagway...will talk about Skagway tomorrow when I post the final pics of Butchart Gardens in Victoria Canada. ♥


Me @ Saxman Village - Totem Poles


Luigi and Mom @ ??? can't remember right now!

Rain Forest in Ketchikan

Cute little totem pole! (that painted wood statue is cute too)

No comments:

Post a Comment