Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Juneau

Was home sick today.  I won't go into details.  Just one of those sicknesses where it's best to be at home.  I did manage to clean my kitchen AND take a shower.  Thank goodness for that.  The shower.  So I kind of dropped the ball on posting Alaska pics.  I believe I posted our first stop which was Skagway.  Our next stop was Juneau.  I was excited to get to Juneau because I had read a story about a statue of a dog that sits at the pier.  Her name is Patsy Ann.  You can read her short but touching story at www.patsyann.com

Jules and Patsy Ann

There were 2 ships in port - Carnival and Princess (story below)



Having breakfast @ the LaPlaya Grill before checking out Juneau


It was starting to rain when we left Juneau...
 So in Juneau we went to the Alaska State Museum.  We had also wanted to visit the capitol building but we ran out of time.  I like Museums.  I don't love Museums.  I can go through a moderately sized Museum in about 40 minutes.  Then I'm done.  While the family leisurely spent their Saturday morning in this Museum, I was hanging out on a bench people watching.  There weren't many people there so I had to get enjoyment out of who was there.  There was a very crabby old woman in a wheelchair - she bitched at everyone.  She ordered her husband around to no end.  After what seemed like hours, the family was ready to leave so they found me (I'm not hard to find in a Museum).  The old lady said to Luigi "go get my husband for me - he is in the blue jacket".  Not wanting to be as rude as she was, he said ok.  He went and got the man in the blue jacket and said "your wife is looking for you".  The man replied "I would prefer NOT to be found"!  Ok, that said a lot.  So we are walking away and she said to me "are you also on the Princess"?  I said "no, we are on the Carnival Spirit".  She made the most disgusting face and said "ohhhh, awful".  Really?  It was one of those moments when you have so much to say but can't say anything.  Of course, I bitched all the way out the door.  Walked by a man sitting outside the Museum (must have been waiting for his family) and he heard me bitching.  He said the logical thing though..."Well, neither one appear to be sinking"!  Thank you! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment