Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Slurpees or Salads?

I promised pictures and am finally delivering...

It was a very long day at work.  I did take a quick break and talked to a friend who actually is having a worse week than I am.  Just a tough one.  I think a lot of people have stress and feel completely overwhelmed.  It just seems to be the way of the world these days.  Nothing is easy or simple.  I wish I had a quick fix for all of us.

I was driving home after work and was thinking that a lemonade would taste really good.  Chick fil A has good lemonade - with or without sugar.  I got off the freeway and headed for the drive-thru.  I guess I wasn't paying attention because if I had, I would have noticed that there were what seemed like a million cars ahead of me.  When I did finally come to this realization of course it was too late to back out of it.  There were probably 4 cars behind me and I knew they weren't letting me out!  I had never seen so many people eager to buy a chicken sandwich.  I was super annoyed!  I FINALLY got up to the board to order.  Placed my order and was immediately told that it was Customer Appreciation Day and because they appreciate me, they were giving me a free 3 strips of chicken with sauce.  Ok so now I got it.  All of these people found out they could get something for free and headed where I was headed.  It was another 10 minutes before I got to the actual window for the lemonade.  And of course my free chicken.  Total time for 1 lemonade?  About 25 minutes.  Brilliant idea, Jules.  But...Chick fil A appreciates me!

Speaking of food - I have been a bit disturbed with 7-11 commercials on the radio.  What is this I hear that 7-11 is now serving delicious beef taquitos and fresh, crisp salads?  Why?  What has happened to society?  I grew up thinking that 7-11 was strictly "The Slurpee Store".  7-11 sells Slurpees, people!  Not salads.  If you want a freakin salad, go to the salad restaurant.  If you want a burger go to the burger joint.  If you want a burrito, go to the Mexican joint.  If you want pizza... And if you want a Slurpee...duh!  Imagine hearing a co-worker talking to someone at their home.  "Honey, I'll stop by 7-11 and grab us some dinner, ok?!"  Really????

Here's a few pics that I have taken this week...

Lake Hodges
(taken from my street)

<><>
<>
<><>
Lake Hodges in the early morning
(taken from my driveway - my only "lakeview")

Here is one of the goats that Roxie and I go to visit every day.  They have gotten used to us coming by and run down to the fence!


And Zoe LOVES the yard...

No comments:

Post a Comment