Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Summer... Please Go Away

I seem to take a lot of vacations from this blog.  I think this last one has been the longest yet. 
I went for a physical today - my doctor wanted to see me before he will sign for me to take time off to go to the Biggest Loser Resort in Malibu.  He declared me healthy and told me to "enjoy"!  He thought I was going to get to be on the show and was disappointed that I'm not.  Still though he said that 8 hours a day of exercise will be good for me and I will be just fine.  Funny thing, we were talking about pain medication and the fact that I have very little left.  There are certain times when I truly need it - if you've been around me then you know that not often but every now and again, I really can't get out of bed.  That used to be because of depression but now it's pretty much physical.  He was asking when I take it and for what and then he interjected with "besides the fibromyalgia".  What?  Well it seems that  the tests I took last Summer showed some form of it but no one from Rheumatology felt it necessary to pass along that information.  It explains a whole lot.  Now I know the physical pain that I feel is not made up in my head.  I feel relief about that.  Anyway, he prescribed me a new pain medication and gave me a whopping 10 pills.  I definitely have a doctor who is more on the conservative side.  That's fine with me - I don't ever want to become addicted to any kind of prescription medication.  That's the last thing I need.
This heatwave is really getting old.  It's been so hot and miserably humid.  I was determined not to run the AC in my house but I had to give in on Saturday night.  Last night I had it on and woke up actually freezing.  How cool is that?!  Punny.  What's really strange is that we were at Costco on Friday buying jackets.  Leaving this hot weather behind and heading for Alaska.  I have a feeling I will absolutely LOVE the weather there.  Trying not to think of how much I will miss my girls though.  It's tough for me.
That Zoe though...what am I going to do with her?  I put my Tanzanite ring on the window sill yesterday while I was cooking.  Dumb move.  Smart cat.  I hope I find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment