Sunday, November 18, 2012

Got Caviar?

Why does the dog bark and growl when I am home alone at night?  Scares the crap out of me!  Yes, I am a bit of a scaredy cat - I admit it.  She must feel more at ease when both of her parents are home.  Either that or she is just being mean and hateful to me!  I have checked all the doors and windows.  I hope she doesn't have to pee because I am not going out there.  Also, I had told my landlord I would go check for something downstairs and outside tonight.  Oh hell no.  That would mean having to go into the basement AND go outside too.  Overload!  It's not like it's a scary basement.  It is a finished basement with plenty of light.  Perfectly safe, I'm sure.  But it's called a basement and I'm afraid of basements!  There...I have put out there yet another fear.  My number one fear is still opening the Pillsbury cans.  Freaks me out every time.  So, I just don't.  Yes, I was most likely dropped on my head as a baby.  I blame all of my oddities on that.

So I went to my parent's church for "Thanksgiving Dinner".  It was fine.  Food was ok - saw a few strange people.  A normal church activity.  They had a TON of pies.  Oh...another fear - pies from the unknown baker.  I am the same way about potlucks.  If I know who made something, I will eat it.  If I don't - I just can't!  So if you ever see me at a potluck and see my plate piled high with one thing, you will know why.  I know the cook!  So here was a strange thing at the dinner.  It happened during prayer and mom told me that she knew if she were to open up her eyes and look at me that I would be laughing.  She looked and yes, I was laughing.  I even snorted!  It was such a dumb thing that it was hilarious.  So the Pastor says the prayer for the meal.  And this is how it starts out...(mind you, he lost me after the first sentence)... "Dear Heavenly Father, we thank you for the opportunity to gather as a church family and while we don't have Caviar, we do have many delicious dishes to enjoy".  WTH?!  I just busted up!  He may as well have added "champagne" to the sentence too!  Caviar?  Does he even know what Caviar is?  He is a very straight-laced Vegan guy which made it even funnier!  Anyway, it probably was not an appropriate time to laugh but then again, when have I ever been appropriate?!

It is the year 2012 - almost 2013 and guess what?  The Guadagni house FINALLY has an LED Flatscreen TV.  Yes, we really do.  No longer will we have the big 2 ton boxey TV in our living room.  Yippee!  I am so excited.  Have not taken it out of the box yet but who cares - we have one!  Now we can finally utilize that hi def that we pay for every month.  Yep, it's true.  Had the hi def for a while - did that a little bass ackwards.  And I have even bigger news!  We also have a Blu Ray Player!  Rah rah!  So the guy at Best Buy says "you've never seen a Blu Ray movie"?  NO!  I felt like an old dial telephone on the wall with the squirly cord.  I may never use it, but betcha by golly wow, I have one!

Remember, we should be extra thankful this week.  For what, I'm not sure but we can all come up with a little something.  And if you will be having Caviar for Thanksgiving, you can be all the more thankful! (if you like the nasty stuff).

jules

No comments:

Post a Comment